CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Updates on Spencer...


Here you can see that Spence is taking a binky (thank goodness, because apparently I never would), he definitely has no problem sucking, in fact the nurses got a picture of him holding on to his ventilation tube just so that he could stick his thumb in his mouth... It was too cute! They have put in a temporary drain into his head, and as you can see that his head has shrunk quite a bit. He has gone from 8lbs 6oz to 7lbs 7oz most of that weight has been lost because of the fluid draining out of his head. The doctors are expecting to turn him over onto his back on the 30th and then after that they will probably wait another week to put the shunt in his head. I am definitely learning patience, cause I really really want to hold him, but I am glad that he is healing so well. He is also peeing on his own, without the catheter, which is really good news! I couldn't be happier with the care he is being given! Levi and I feel very confident that he is in very good hands here at this hospital!


4 comments:

me said...

He is so darling!!! I really look forward to all his updates! We can't wait to meet him. Gavin and I have been praying for baby Spencer every night and Gavin even remembered the other night to pray for him all on his own. We love him already! We love you too and hope you and Levi are doing well. We miss you
~Allison

Bonnie & Monroe said...

What a sweetie! He looks great, I am so glad everything is going well. You are both in our thoughts and prayers. We will be looking forward to any updates on Spencer!
Take care,
Bonnie and Monroe White Family

Maranda said...

He looks really good Becca! I love that he sucks on a binkey...It's so cute!

~H said...

I'm so gald he's doing so well! He looks so content. I thought I had decided I could see a lot of Levi in him but now with these cute pictures I'm seeing a lot of you two! What a great mixture! :) We sure love you guys! You are all always in our prayers! Hang in there, that sweet little man will be in your arms soon! He's wanting it just as badly as you are, I really feel that's why he is doing so well, he also is looking forward to a hug from his wonderful parents! We love you guys sooooo much! :) xoxoxo ;)

Post a Comment